Ahhh.... Life, the physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence. Beautiful yet confusing. A good life is a main argument. And with a lil' research, I've compiled a few ways people define life in general:
- Career - Studying your ass off, getting good grades, later a good job at a good company with a good paycheck, getting married, having kids and finally dying. Perhaps this is the most famous way of defining life. I find it really pretty "interesting". And the best part of this life, is that you're constantly in an unstable battle to reach financial stability. It's really a struggle most part, but I suppose that's the beauty of it. Life is difficult after all.
- Money - I suppose this one's really pretty popular in today's world. This one's really confusing though as there really is like two ways people look at it. Some will be like, money is everything in today's world, whereas others say money can't buy you everything. Then, comes the popular belief that money is the root of all evil. Perhaps buying feelings and emotions would be fun too. And yeah, life's supposed to be easy with money. A lil' contradictory to the "career" definition of life.
- Happiness - Then comes the really sweet definition of life, its about being happy and spreading the joy. Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy. It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed. Life's supposed to be more about freedom here. This one's pretty weird though, coz' usually the one's spreading the joy are more like candles to the society. Someone has to struggle for happiness. But struggle isn't all that happy now, is it?
- Sex - Yeah, there are people around who define sex as the best thing in the world. Therefore, it is automatically taken for them that sex is life. Having animal sex with a sexually intimate partner or partners really defines life to some. This actually relates to the "money" definition as most of them use it to increase their sex appeal. However, this definition really spoils lives of a few unfortunate. One word, rapists.
- After life - Fighting others in order to prove that their theory of living and dying is the truth really has caused quite a big portion of damage to the world. Perhaps I really don't get this process of living. Living to prepare for death. I find it really confusing as it really takes a lot of faith and patience. Still, it's a definition of life to some and yeah, I understand that it might be a lot discretionary. And I would be really happy if someone could really explain to me this definition of life to me.
- Impact - Smile at someone today, talk to someone. Motivate that person, leave a memory, be creative. Giving a big speech about world peace isn't really gonna put a stop to hatred. Why don't you try getting one person at a time. Happiness shared is double happiness, and sorrow shared is half a sorrow. You really have everything to gain with little to lose.
- Don't hold back - Give everything you're doing you're all. Put everything you have in doing whatever you're doing currently. In a more business approach, this would mean be efficient. Successful leaders have the courage to take action where others hesitate. Lose yourself in the moment.
- Never trade your passion for glory - If you're doing something, do it if you want to do it. Even in competition, fight against yourself. Fighting against yourself brings improvement which is much more valuable than victory. Beat yourself every time you do something. You are your biggest opponent.
- Love it - Savour the moment. Remember the rush, ecstasy, feelings and thoughts that came into your mind during the moment. Chances are you felt something, but your mind was blank. And that "blank"-ness that you've experienced, is something you'd really want more often. That, is the moment. It may seem stupid or irrational, but you will know if you've done it.
Inspired by events between 6-7 March 2008 and the people involved in em'.