Full width home advertisement

Featured Post

4 traits from a Millennial career

You've probably read an article or heard someone voicing out their opinion on the performance of Millennials (a.k.a. Gen-Y) in the wo...

Post Page Advertisement [Top]


You want it all. Well, guess what? Everyone wants it all. Alright, you get it all. You sustain for a lil while. Then, you begin to lose your pride & dignity. And that's pretty much losing it all, ain't it?

I'm pretty disappointed with individuals who claim to have it all and convince others to follow in their paths to having it all too. Particularly, I'm referring to the highly famed "peak performance coach", Anthony Robbins. A one day seminar with 3000 other participants will cost you a stunning USD10,000. Well, there are also camps(like one week seminars) which are priced at around USD100,000 per participant. Overwhelming? Here's the catch. You'd be able to fire walk after the seminar. Spectacular yet possible. Read about it here. Strangely, the cool down period(time frame where you are entitled to revoke the contract and get a full refund) for his seminars are relatively low compared to other seminars. His books are spectacular reads and I'd recommend them to all. However, some facts are baseless so please beware.




He also self proclaims himself as having a "perfect marriage", to his first wife, Becky who is 10 years his senior which ended up in a divorce after 15 years in the year 2001. And in June of the same year, he got married to Bonnie Humphrey who is 22 years younger than his first wife and hence 12 years younger than himself. The best part is, he met both of them at the seminars he hosted. And yeah, he markets products for the "perfect marriage". ;p




Lesson: Do not trust everything that you READ or HEAR.

Here's another good example. It's called the "Yales Study of Goals". Scientists surveyed the Yale class of 1953, and found that 3 percent had written down financial goals for their futures at their college graduation. When the group reconvened in 1973, this 3 percent of the class that had started their careers with some kind of plan controlled more combined net worth than the other 97 percent combined.

Sounds astonishing ain't it? I went "WOW" for a while. This "study" has been quoted by Zig Ziglar & Anthony Robbins in their self-help books & seminars. Guess what? The study never existed. It turned up to be just an urban legend.

Even the crux of Einstein's theory of relativity - E = mc2 may be relatively wrong. Lene Hau has already shaken scientists' beliefs about the nature of things. Albert Einstein and just about every other physicist insisted that light travels 186,000 miles a second in free space, and that it can't be speeded-up or slowed down. But in 1998, Hau, for the first time in history, slowed light to 38 miles an hour, about the speed of rush-hour traffic. And in 2002, another discovery made by a team of Australians gave evidence that the speed of light may be slowing down. When one of the cornerstones of physics collapses, it's not obvious what you hang onto and what you discard.

Even logic can be proven illogic. There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out. Give it a thought the next time you decide to go by logic. It's never too late. :)



P/s: The Joker makes a lot of sense.

Batman: I have one rule.

The Joker: Then that's the rule you'll have to break to know the truth.


Batman: Which is?


The Joker: The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that actually just made a lot of sense. wow.

3POINT8 said...

Ever wondered why E = mc^2 is commonly known to all as a THEORY and not a fact?

Well, perhaps you know why now.

sakun said...

HELLO! missed me? :P

p/s : Chelsea n msia tonight. Watched the match?

melody said...

hey havent talked for ages...how are u? u seen the new batman movie? i watched it yesterday haha =] anyway...hope everythins goin good...byeebyee

Anonymous said...

there's goes logic.

Bottom Ad [Post Page]